Paypal Blackjack Guide
Blackjack is a very simple game to play and learn. One of the biggest misconceptions of blackjack is that it is a game that the closest to 21 without going over wins. Yes, you do automatically lose if you go over 21 but if you do not beat the dealer’s cards, you do not win either. Here is a quick start guide on how to play blackjack and remember if the dealer busts you still get paid.
Once you have sat down at a blackjack table the first thing you must do is place a bet. The minimum and maximum you are allowed to bet varies depending on the table you sit at. All winning bets are paid out even money that is you bet $5 you win $5. Blackjack (first two cards equal 21) however is paid out three to two so that $5 bet wins $7.50.
The game starts once your bet is placed and the deal button is pushed. You will receive to cards and the dealer will receive to cards with one facing up. This up card gives you a little insight into what the dealer may have. Now it is time to see what you have and weight the options.
All cards 2-9 are worth their face value. (2 is worth 2, 7 is worth 7, etc.) Cards ten, jack, queen and king are worth 10 points and the ace is worth 11 or 1 point and you get to decide which. Now just add up your two cards and decide to stand, hit, split, double down or, at some casinos, surrender. Here is what each term means:
- Stand: You stay with just your two cards.
- Hit: You take another card and can continue to do so until you stand or bust (go over 21)
- Split: If you have two cards of the same value (two eights), you can make them two separate hands. This is only an option on the first two cards or if one of the split hands pairs.
- Double Down: Here you can place a bet of equal amount to the original and get one more card. Some online casinos only allow double downs on beginning hands that total 9, 10 or 11. Others though have no limits.
- Surrender: You can surrender the hand by taking back half of your money and ending the hand. You can only surrender your first two cards.
Once you have made all your decisions it is now the dealers turn. The dealer must take a hit until he reaches a hand totaling 17 or better. Some casinos differ on whether the dealer hits on soft 17 (A and 6) but a hard 17 (ten with a seven) is always a stand for the dealer.
Now you know the basics it is time to hit the blackjack tables. Blackjack is very easy to learn and fun to play and is one of the few casino games that the casino does not have a big advantage over the player, s when it is played correctly.